Think:Kids offers a variety of training opportunities online, in the greater Boston area, and across North America throughout the year. Details on specific trainings are listed below, but please make sure to subscribe to our email list, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay abreast of the latest training opportunities as they are announced. Think:Kids is a provider of CEU’s for psychologists, social workers, educators, and mental health counselors. Each training is approved for a set number of units.
We offer one-day introductory trainings throughout the course of the year. Our one-day introductory training provides a foundation for professionals and parents interested in learning Collaborative Problem Solving, our evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. These introductory trainings serve as a prerequisite for our intensive training workshops for professionals and advanced trainings for parents.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Intensive Training Workshops
These two and half day trainings are intended for mental health clinicians and educators interested in becoming proficient in Collaborative Problem Solving, our evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. Completion of these trainings is a requirement of our professional certification program. Participants with prior exposure learn to advance their skills in applying the model through a combination of didactic lectures, role-playing, videotape examples, case presentations, and breakout groups with topics of specific interest to clinicians and educators. Participants receive personal attention and individualized feedback during breakout sessions from Think:Kids staff while also benefiting from opportunities for networking. Group discounts are available and continuing education credits are offered at no extra cost. *Tier 1 and Tier 2 cannot be taken during the same summer or winter. A minimum of six months is required between Tier 1 and Tier 2 training so that participants have an opportunity to apply and practice what they learn.
Our next Intensive Training Workshops are scheduled for:
Our Think:Kids Certified Trainers also provide intensive training in other locations throughout North America. See below for more information.
- August 6-8th: Tier 1 Intensive Training in Denver, CO featuring: Averi Schaubman, LCSW, Dr. Erica Stetson, PH.D., and Dr. Lisa Wolff, Psy.D. Register here or download the registration form here.
Case consultation for Tier 1 graduates is provided by Tier 2 graduates under the supervision of Think:Kids staff. For details on supervision please email us.
Our NEW ONLINE INTRODUCTORY TRAINING is now live. Register for our Think:Kids Online Training HERE!
International Conferences and Seminars
Think:Kids staff also present at conferences and professional development seminars across North America on a regular basis. Interested in having someone from Think:Kids speak to your group or organization? Just contact us here. Here is a list of upcoming seminars. Contact information is provided for those that are open to the public. If you have a question about a particular training contact us.
- August 4th, 2014: Beth Edelstein will be presenting to school nurses at the Northeastern University Health Institute in Hyannis
- August 6th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at Youth Villages in Memphis, TN.
- August 7-9, 2014: Tier 2 Intensive Training in Boston, MA.
- September 9th and 23rd, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at Beverly Public Schools in Beverly, MA.
- September 17th: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Four Winds Hospital in Katonah, NY.
- September 19th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be providing a session on CPS from 11am-12pm on Ask a Doctor, www.nami.org/askthedoctor
- October 6th-10th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Halton County School Board, Toronto, Ontario.
- November 4th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Gates School in Acton, MA.
- November 5th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Four Winds Hospital in Katonah, NY.
- November 10th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the the Mental Health Connection in Fort Worth, TX.
- November 11th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Legal Aid Society in NY, NY.
- November 18th-20th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at Kairos in Eugene, OR. DOWNLOAD FORM TO REGISTER!
- December 2nd: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Advocates for Children in NY, NY.
- December 9th: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Advocates for Children in NY, NY.
- February 26th-27th: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Glenbard Parent Series in Glen Ellyn, IL. Learn more here!
Our partner program, OHSU in Oregon, offers the following training courses on CPS: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/