Think:Kids offers a variety of training opportunities online, in the greater Boston area, and across North America throughout the year. Details on specific trainings are listed below, but please make sure to subscribe to our email list, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay abreast of the latest training opportunities as they are announced. Think:Kids is a provider of CEU’s for psychologists, social workers, educators, and mental health counselors. Each training is approved for a set number of units.
We offer one-day introductory trainings throughout the course of the year. Our one-day introductory training provides a foundation for professionals and parents interested in learning Collaborative Problem Solving, our evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. These introductory trainings serve as a prerequisite for our intensive training workshops for professionals and advanced trainings for parents. We have begun hosting our Spring and Fall Introductory Training at Schools and Organizations in Massachusetts. If you are interested in hosting a Think:Kids Introductory Training read more here.
Upcoming Introductory Trainings:
December 8th, 2014 in Boston, MA: Register for our Winter Introductory Training here!
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Intensive Training Workshops
These two and half day trainings are intended for mental health clinicians and educators interested in becoming proficient in Collaborative Problem Solving, our evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. Completion of these trainings is a requirement of our professional certification program. Participants with prior exposure learn to advance their skills in applying the model through a combination of didactic lectures, role-playing, videotape examples, case presentations, and breakout groups with topics of specific interest to clinicians and educators. Participants receive personal attention and individualized feedback during breakout sessions from Think:Kids staff while also benefiting from opportunities for networking. Group discounts are available and continuing education credits are offered at no extra cost. *Tier 1 and Tier 2 cannot be taken during the same summer or winter. A minimum of six months is required between Tier 1 and Tier 2 training so that participants have an opportunity to apply and practice what they learn.
January 25th-27th, 2015, Tier 1 CPS Training at MGH in Boston, MA
February 25th-27th, 2015, Tier 2 CPS Training at the Microsoft NERD Conference Center in Cambridge, MA
Our Think:Kids Certified Trainers also provide intensive training in other locations throughout North America. See below for more information. *Dates to be announced Case consultation for Tier 1 graduates is provided by Tier 2 graduates under the supervision of Think:Kids staff. For details on supervision please email us.
Our NEW ONLINE INTRODUCTORY TRAINING is now live. Register for our Think:Kids Online Training HERE!
International Conferences and Seminars
Think:Kids staff also present at conferences and professional development seminars across North America on a regular basis. Interested in having someone from Think:Kids speak to your group or organization? Just contact us here. Here is a list of upcoming seminars. Contact information is provided for those that are open to the public. If you have a question about a particular training contact us.
- November 18th, 2014: Dr. Epstein will be presenting at the Advocates for Children in NY, NY. View details here!
- November 18th-20th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at Kairos in Eugene, OR. DOWNLOAD FORM TO REGISTER!
- November 24th, 2014: Dr. Pollastri and Dr. Ablon will be presenting at a symposium entitled “The CPS Approach: Implementation and Evidence Across Settings and Systems” at the 2014 Children’s Mental Health Ontario annual conference (conference registration required).
- November 25th, 2014: Beth will present an overview at the Eliott-Pearson Children’s School at Tuft’s University.
- December 2nd, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Advocates for Children in NY, NY. View details here!
- December 9th, 2014: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Advocates for Children in NY, NY. View details here!
- January 20th, 2015: Beth will present an overview for the PPAL Wakiefield Parent Support Group. For more information about PPAL (Parent Professional Advocacy League) visit their website: http://www.ppal.net.
- January 25th-27th, 2015: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at our Winter Tier 1 Training
- February 25th-27th, 2015: Dr Epstein will be presenting at our Winter Tier 2 Training
- February 26th-27th, 2015: Dr. Ablon will be presenting at the Glenbard Parent Series in Glen Ellyn, IL. Learn more here!
- June 9th, 10th, & 11th, 2015: Dr. Ablon will be speaking at the the 5th Annual Psychological Trauma & Juvenile Justice : Impact on Mind, Body, Behavior and Community – Current Research and Practice Trends
Our partner program, OHSU in Oregon, offers the following training courses on CPS: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/