Events Coordinator/Staff Assistant (temporary)
Think:Kids is a program in the Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital. Think:Kids teaches adults Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS), a revolutionary, evidence-based approach for helping children who struggle with social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. At Think:Kids, a team of clinicians and clinical researchers train clinicians, parents, and educators worldwide to implement CPS in homes, outpatient clinics, correctional facilities, schools, inpatient settings, residential programs, and beyond while also studying the approach.
Think:Kids seeks a highly motivated, organized, Events Coordinator/Staff Assistant for a temporary (5-7 months, approximately August 15, 2022 - March 15, 2023) position. The Coordinator will manage all Think:Kids-hosted virtual training and classes open to the public. The Coordinator is the key point of contact for event attendees, manages all registration activities, and provides technical support on the first day of the training. The Coordinator also assists with other office management responsibilities such as monitoring the general Think:Kids e-mail inbox, completing expense reports in Peoplesoft, and providing scheduling support to directors across the program.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
Outreach & Communication Responsibilities
- Answer and/or triage all e-mails in a timely manner sent to the general Think:Kids inbox.
Event Coordination Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Director of Training to identify trainers and schedules for upcoming events.
- Create event pages in Eventbrite.
- Manage event registration in Eventbrite, including answering questions from registrants, processing refunds, and creating discount codes.
- Communicate with all event attendees in advance of and following the training to provide event logistics and follow-up information.
- Support trainers in preparing for the events by sending them attendee information, etc.
- Create and distribute all CEU/PDP/Certificate of Attendance certificates following the training.
- Provide Zoom technical support on the first day of any virtual event (familiar with features including logging in, passwords, breakout rooms, recording, sharing screen, using chat and Q&A, etc.).
- Support Directors in scheduling large meetings.
- Submit credit card expense reports for the Executive Director, Research Director, and Director of Outreach & Communication.
- Maintain team calendar recording holidays, vacations, and absences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and comfort with Zoom webinar and video conference technology.
- Familiarity with event management software (e.g., Eventbrite) preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Capable of establishing priorities and a proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to perform under competing priorities and deadlines to meet the job demands.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with limited supervision, resolve issues, and achieve outcomes within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Zoom; familiar with MS Teams, Dropbox, and Google tools (or similar products).
- Fluency in English and US residency is required.
- This position is fully remote within the United States, for 5-7 months, approximately August 15, 2022 - March 15, 2023.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- A laptop will be provided.
Education & Experience
- High school degree, GED, or equivalent required.
- At least two years of prior relevant work experience.
- $17 - $22/hour, based on experience and education.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to ThinkKidsInfo@Partners.org.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead.
Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and those from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.